Sharing my life - the triumphs and trials in hopes of inspiring others on this journey called "Life"

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Went to church this morning...I L♥VE going to church!
I love seeing our children and grandchildren there and giving them a BIG HUG.
...nothing sweeter than worshiping with your family.
After church Manny and I went to get a bite to eat. I don't cook much on Sunday.
We wound up at Bob Evans and this is what I got

I didn't eat this all (although I probably could have)
I only ate one pancake and I didn't eat all the bacon or hashbrowns.
I love to eat, especially pancakes.
I have decided they are my favorite food group (even though they are not a group)
but my body has been playing around with 5-7 extra lbs
and I'm watching closely that that number doesn't grow. 
I lost about 30 lbs 10 years ago...
when my metabolism changed and I realized 
that I couldn't eat just anything and everything any more.
I've noticed my body changing again lately, especially around the middle.
I'm hoping I'm nearing the end of my change 
which has been taking place for the past decade it would seem,
and I'm thinking that's the cause for my weight fluctuation.
I'm also finally having the dreaded hot flashes
at all hours of the day and night where you want to practically strip
no matter where you are and in the middle of the night the covers go flying off!

Anyway, getting back to my lazy Sunday afternoon -
when we got home from church and brunch we took a nap...
a LONG nap, and then we put on a movie,  "Dolphin Tale"
Have you heard of it? Have you seen it? 
WONDERFUL MOVIE!!!
Now we want to take Hannah to see the real Dolphin.

Milli has been spacing out real bad today, she just wanders around the house
and winds up in corners. I pick her up and hold her...she just stares.
I'm not sure if she knows me or not, but I think she does.
She seems to feel safe in my arms. 
Her appetite has really picked up again. 
She's eating two or three smaller meals each day. 
I make her rice w/broth and add it to her dry dog food. 
She gobbles it up. 
Other than being spacey, she seems ok. 

This was a picture of her looking for her bed. 
It's usually always in this corner of the kitchen but she was so restless 
I carried it into the bedroom where we were so she could be with us.
Then after the movie was over Manny went outside to mow the grass 
and I'm sitting here writing on my blog. 
I turned around and saw her in the corner like this
So I ran and got her bed from the bedroom and put it here again.
She immediately climbed in and went to sleep.

Well, another weekend is almost behind us. 
I love the weekends. Kind of wish we didn't have to work tomorrow
although we are SO THANKFUL for the work God provides. 
We'd just rather get up and do whatever instead of taking care of clients all day long...
But wouldn't we all love to play hookie, hahaha.

Here is a clip of that movie



No comments:

Post a Comment