Sharing my life - the triumphs and trials in hopes of inspiring others on this journey called "Life"

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Happy Birthday To Me

Today was my birthday...I turned 58. 
It was a really nice day! 
I anticipated it being hard, because it was my first one without mom,
but it was ok. I made it through...
Not without some tears, but that's to be expected, I suppose.

My dear friend Theresa spent a good part of the day with me.
Everyone else had to work, but she was able to meet me for lunch
She had the little booth all set up with Princess Placemats 
and we had a lovely lunch together. 




After lunch we visited some lovely shops downtown. 
I love quaint downtown shops! 

She has become such a dear, sweet friend to me 
and I am so thankful God has brought her into my life. 
Her life has not been without adversity, but she is one of the most positive people I know. 
She is strong in her faith and full of the joy of the Lord. 
Then she left to go to her studio (she teaches dance)
and I came home to wait for Manny and then head out to a lovely dinner
with my kids and grandkids. There was a balloon waiting for me at the restaurant,
along with some beautiful yellow daisies, and we had CAKE, too! 



Here's a picture my sweet daughter-in-love captured of me and the grandkids


In a few weeks we will take our annual family pictures.
It's the only thing I ask for for my birthday.
I have had so many expressions of love sent to me, in cards, texts, FaceBook Posts and Messages. 
I am so blessed. I am so thankful for God's goodness and mercy to me.
Thank you Lord! 


Today this song came on the radio. It's a song I have always felt strongly about.
I've decided it's my motto. I hope I'm living my life this way.


            



No comments:

Post a Comment