Sharing my life - the triumphs and trials in hopes of inspiring others on this journey called "Life"

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Hurricane Matthew



Well, it's a new week and with it brings new adventures and new challenges.
This is ours this week - it's called Hurricane Matthew.
It's already barreled through Haiti, and the eastern tip of Cuba
and is now heading towards the US, more specifically - the Florida Coastline. 
Where will it land, no one knows for sure right now. 
So everyone is preparing, stores are already running out of water and other necessary supplies. 
Some are in a panic, others are in denial, still others are upset about all the media hype 
as they see it as causing a panic, but we honestly don't know how this will unfold
and we should already be prepared. 

I'm suppose to do an outdoor event this Saturday
and the coordinator insists it's still a "go"
we shall see.

I  updated my blog (top right) photo because, after all - it is now October.
And I've put out some fall decorations, although it has still been in the 90's here
so it's a bit hard to get in the spirit of Fall.
Most Floridians are hoping for some cooler weather before too long. 

My family and I did celebrate something rather special this past Saturday
October 1st was the 45th Anniversary of Walt Disney World's opening here in Florida.
My family and I went. All ten of us. 
As soon as we approached the gate, it started to rain...oh yeah
and it continued on throughout the evening. 
We were soaked...down to our sneakers and socks, hahaha
but it was a memorable evening for sure!
I wanted so badly to get a picture of all of us, but that didn't happen. 
I did get a picture of me, though



and they gave each of us this real cool pin commemorating that special day!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment