Sharing my life - the triumphs and trials in hopes of inspiring others on this journey called "Life"

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

A Truly Happy Anniversary






Today would have been my parents' 71st Wedding Anniversary. 
Today they get to celebrate together again.
They were only together on this earth for 31 years as husband and wife. 
My mom waited 39 years to be reunited with my father. 
This is how I picture them again. 
Young and so much in love. 
Almost like the ending scene in the movie "Titanic" 
after the old woman dies and is made young again when she sees her love. 
Do you remember that scene? 
Or the ending in "Somewhere in Time" 
with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour

I am so happy that they are together again.
My mom talked about their reunion so very much. 
For years she talked about it...
I just didn't understand, not completely, how much she longed for that day. 
I still can't believe she's gone!
I started crying in Lowes the other day, looking at all the Christmas stuff. 
She loved Christmas! 
She loved everything about it. I guess that's where I get my love for Christmas from.
She always made it so special. 
It's going to be very different this year. 


Today is also my beautiful niece's birthday.
She was born on my parent's 25th Wedding Anniversary.
That was so incredibly special!!!
Here is a picture of her as a baby with my mom and dad.



What a blessing she has been to our family!
This is the same niece who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the very beginning of this year. 
She's been through eight rounds of chemo, had several surgeries, lost all her hair 
(but it's coming back now and is so beautiful),
Through it all she trusted God, she praised Him for His goodness, 
she stayed strong, and today she was able to truly celebrate her life 
and the beginning of another year. 

Here is a recent picture of her with her beautiful daugther




Thank your for your goodness Father God, and for your many blessings!
You are so good to us, even in the rough times. 
Why do we ever doubt you? Why do we ever worry? 
Because we are human, I suppose. 
You are so patient with us. Thank you God for loving us the way you do. 
Thank you God for forgiving us of all our sins and mistakes.
Thank you for understanding our weaknesses. 
Thank you for surrounding us with your love 
and the love and comfort of our family and friends
when the journey gets tough down here on earth. 
Thank you for letting us celebrate Angela's life 
and please let my mom and dad know how much I love them and miss them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment