Sharing my life - the triumphs and trials in hopes of inspiring others on this journey called "Life"

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Hello November

Well, I didn't post very much last month...I'm sorry.
Not sure why really, some times it is hard to write when the heart is too heavy or tender. 
Last post was on the day of my parents' anniversary,
but there were other wonderful things to celebrate in October, that didn't make me sad.
October was the birthdays of my son, Manuel, his wife Darla, 
and my other daughter-in-"love" Meagan!

We usually pick one Friday night to celebrate all three and that's just what we did! 
It was a fun night, except for my stressing over the meal.
Usually we grill steaks, but this year my hubby wanted to try out some Sliders recipes.
The video he happened to see on FaceBook, looked way too easy.
I should have known better!
We didn't plan well enough and didn't allow ourselves enough time to make them.
We ended up eating like an HOUR later than planned.
Thank the LORD I had bought a tray of organic veggies and a try of fruit and cheese
to munch on while we waited. 
The sliders were delicious once they were done, 
but I'm not planning on making them again any time soon.

Here are some pictures from that night.




Meagan (on the left) turned "30"
Manuel turned 37 and his wife Darla turned 35. 

We had a lot of fun that night. 

Then of course - there was Halloween.
Here are the grandkids all dressed up:

Here are Woody and Jessie


 Here are Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn
(I believe they are villains from the Batman movies, hahaha)

and my older son decided to wear one of his costumes from the 80's hahaha
as he took the girls around



Love my family! So very blessed! 
Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment